Tuesday 10 November 2015

Progress Log

Having reviewed and being happy with my filming footage from the weekend, I will begin to crop and trim my video clips in order to put them into iMovie and Adobe premier; the programmes i will be using to produce and edit my trailer. 

There is a chance i will need to record some extra footage, this is because i would like to get some more close ups of the house, to set the mise-en-scene as i feel its important for the purpose of establishing the narrative and also I would like to define an equilibrium  at the beginning of my trailer. 

I am undecided whether this should be based on Adams equilibrium, settling into the new town and starting a 'normal' life or whether to do it from the perspective of Nicole and Sams happy relationship. I think i might prefer to do it based on Adam so its not as typical as the other 'lovey' relationships films tend to present in there equilibriums. 

I have also had an idea to do a Audio commentary rather than a graphic commentary, this is because i had the idea to add in another character who will be a narrator. It will be from the point of view of a Doctor, someone who has been monitoring Adam from a young age and knows everything about his life up till now. This is more creepy as i feel it connects his past story to his present life. This means i would sway more to setting Adams equilibrium because as the Doctor introduces to the audience, things from his past can be coming up; birth certificate, baby pictures, photo albums etc. I will be mocking up a script for this to see if i feel its something that would work with my trailer. 

Despite having not strictly followed my script plan and scenes, I feel I'm happy with the outcome and it was well considered and thought out during filming. I felt by improvising more and not being set the vivid ideas in my head, my actors came across more genuine and therefore more realistic and believable to an audience. It also meant I came across other things i preferred over my original ideas, overall adding to my narrative and miss en scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment