Tuesday 24 November 2015

How I used Format Research for the Production of my Poster




What did i use in my poster from these format research inspirations?

Revenant Poster-
Gave me the idea of experimenting with the characters transparencies, 'A Law Abiding Citizen' helped me further to distinguish how to portray them as good and evil through this effect.Therefore i ended up keeping Nicole, the good protagonist, as a solid figure and Adam, the villain, as a faded figure. I also knew i wanted my characters image to be the pull focus which attracted people to the poster at first glance.

A Law Abiding Citizen Poster-
This poster influenced me hugely of what characters to put on my cover, I ended up doing the same as them and putting my 2 main protagonists on the front and also featuring there names because it would work to attract a fan base whilst also being a valuable marketing asset. I also got the idea to add a tag line which could have been a quote or rhetorical question as this poster did. I decided the rhetorical question was best because it meant the audience would need to think about an answer and this involves them more in a personal way. Not only that but it creates enigma about narratives and characters, which gives viewers a subject to talk about and build up theories and a buzz before the film officially comes out. 


Gothika Poster-
The last one was most inspiring for its blue tint it used to give the poster a chilly, unwelcoming thrill. The coldness the blue tint creates was really effective in setting the right tone and atmosphere so this is definitely something i considered when editing my pictures. I ended up using blue tones but not to the same length. I feel however that it sill worked successfully it creating a cold atmosphere. I also ended up using double spacing like they did with their typography at the top because i liked how it used up all the available space but didn't look crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment