Thursday 8 October 2015

Survey Monkey Questionnaire

I decided to create a questionnaire using the website surveymonkey.com, I thought this would help me in creating my trailer, deciding what key components to include and getting some audience feedback. It will also help me determine my main target demographic by finding out there gender and age. I will be able to summarize the result easily, as its online the data will be a lot easier to gather. 

Here is a print screen of some of my questions:



The link to my FULL survey is here:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7PQ2R58

Questions&Answers

Summarizing the answers, I found the most popular genre was a thriller/horror hybrid, which i found surprising as its a mixture of two genres and isn't a super well known thing. I feel this could be a good direction to go with for my own trailer as it will allow me more experimentation and opportunitites for certain shot types, angles and editing.
This was quite a general question, it just gave me some insight whether females and males both felt the same about movie genres and how to produce a trailer who will appeal to both audiences.

Again, it just gave me more information about my target audience and what they expect and would like too see...

The most popular answer was 18+ which i thought it might be, this is because generally thrillers/horrors attract young people due to their narratives and so they want to see something suited to their age. 18+ ratings mean the trailer is likely to be more mature as a whole because they don't need to worry about other (younger) audiences. 



This will help me massively in the production of my trailer, i found out jump scares and atmospheric music are the most important things so will be sure to incorporate these in my trailer.


This helped me with further research as it could meant i watched some of the participants favorite trailers giving me more insight into what kind of things they like and maybe note down some particular things from each that i particularly like. 



Considerably more people said they would prefer to have little information given away to them in the trailer, asking people for their reasons they said the trailer is just meant to tease you and the film should still have surprises in. I will keep this in mind during the production and editing of my trailer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment