Tuesday 13 October 2015

My Target Audience...



Despite this being a small sample, their is one outstanding result which doesn't fit in. So, this has shown me I wont be directing my trailer at older people, e.g Nicole who is 38 and upper class and doesn't show a particular interest or curiosity in horror or thriller films but does state she prefers a psychological thriller narrative to stimulate her mind. My choice to direct my trailer at middle/working class people isn't based on this factor however I just feel I will be able to appeal and attract a larger audience if I create a trailer for middle/working class. I also would prefer to direct my trailer to younger audiences, as they're much more up to date with sites and programmes you can use to watch upcoming films so are more likely to show an interest and watch the trailer. Its also because I can base a lot of my audience research on people around the age group 16-24, because these are the majority of people that surround me in my school and work environment therefore giving me lots of opportunities to ask for their feedback and opinions as to what appeals to them. I also feel I can use my own knowledge more, to create a trailer for a younger age group as i'm in that category therefore my expectations are likely to be similar to other peoples expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment