Friday 23 October 2015

Sound Track inspirations for trailer:

Music is a key aspect of horror films, often used to create atmosphere and enhance certain emotions of the characters. Often, long suspensful notes are used to build tension and build up to a big event and then when the event happens, the music changes to short, sharp notes to help further shock the audience. Lots of voices are used in horror films to reflect fear and realism. Sound effects could include such things as echoed voices, giving a ghostly feel or classic sounds such as crows, bats, church bells and witches cackling. I have been browsing youtube a lot to try and find a sound track for my trailer in which the lyrics and image will be relevant and tie in. I have found some that I really like and will strongly consider using:



I feel like the chorus of this sound track could be really effective to use in my trailer. I feel the lyrics could link very well to Adams character profile and I can adjust it to fit the narrative. Instead of Adam just knowing Nicole at High School she could have been his disastrous 'First Love'. The line 'you better run now' and 'playing for fun' is really creepy, fitting into my narrative of Adam making Nicole his life size doll. The females high pitch voice could work really well with some editing all based round Adam, because it puts the listener into quite a trance. It build up suspense and causes excitement for the audience as they prepare for some action.

Full Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/dashberlin/manontherun.html


Lyrics relevant to my trailer:

It's such a travesty
The way you say our love should be
Yeah, such a tragedy
Think you can just break my heart and leave me
Well, you better run now
Man on the run
Playing for fun
Wind me up
Leave me undone

Another track i've found and would like to consider using are these:




This Kate Bush track is also appropriate for my trailer therefore its a possibility, certain parts of the lyrics can also be used to suit by trailer. The voice is the most creepy part of this sound track, she has high pitched vocals which are quite trancing. This could be effective for scenes inside the house, something Adam might put on in the background so its diegetic sound as its part of the scene.



I really like this second one because it can be used quite multi-purposely, it would be a good consistent one. Despite this video being 56 minutes long, the sound that is built up throughout it, by adding different intrumsents, increases the intensity which i feel could suit the narrative of my trailer. It would also fit well the the thriller genre type music that i have listened to whilst researching. I think this could be effective to use after my voice commentary and despite originally wanting lyrics in the sound track I feel this is really effective without any distracting influences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment