Tuesday 1 December 2015

Format Research: Magazine Cover Inspirations and Analysis

Looking at this mood board, straight away i can see how common red is used as a colour for titles. I've put this down to the fact it is powerful, bold and dominant colour as proven here because it jumps out the page and engages the viewers attention. This is also relevant to the typography choice, which is bold and big in order to stand out. The colour red has conflicted interpretations which makes the representation of it quite interesting and comes down to the individual. Some would interpret red as passionate and loving were as for others its a sign for danger, warning and blood. I think i would like this concept of conflict on my magazine cover as it creates enigma and hopefully should draw my audience in; these magazines certainly caught my attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment