Thursday 25 February 2016

Evaluation of Trailer:



What have you learned from audience feedback?
Listen to my response here. 






Audience feedback allowed me to distinguish what they wanted from the genre and what codes and conventions they expected to see in my trailer. I had to be sure to conform and challenge to some of these in order to meet the needs of my audience, even if this meant doing things a bit differently to how i had planned. 

From a variety of verbal feedback and comments online about my first draft trailer, i realised i needed to change the sound track. It got responses expressing how the audience didn't feel like it created the right atmosphere or fitted with the mise-en-scene, and this was really useful because otherwise i don't think i would have realised. After a draft went up of my new sound track it got a lot more positive responses and praise, people particularly liked the sound effect of the heartbeat because it built tension and suspense, therefore i then concentrated on developing this whilst getting continuous feedback from my peers, who are the same age group my target audience and therefore representative. 

I also asked my peers for help on some editing transitions, i found they were similar with me on this one, and thought the dissolve transitions was really good because it was quite eerie and created suspense that the whole image wasn't uncovered straight away.


How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Powered by emaze

No comments:

Post a Comment