Saturday 27 February 2016

FINAL ANCILLARY TASK 2: POSTER


This is my final poster, I'm happy with the outcome as I've used various parts of my format research as inspirations to create this final piece. I used a similar idea from the 'Legend' poster with the star ratings, which I feel is one of the most successful parts of my poster as its a good promotional selling point. I like how effectively the colour scheme works together despite not using the 3 colour principle because I feel the colours used create a chilling and eerie atmosphere. I used the colours white for the stars to symbolize purity and light blue for my typography because it looked cold and unwelcoming. The light colour of the typography contrasted against the dark background making it stand out, bold and easy to read. I liked the light blue text so used it for the majority of typography as it linked to the colour of the central image, which has a blue tint to make it look cold and unwelcoming. Having the text this tinted blue too made the poster look quite chilling. I also personally associate the blue tint with thriller genres, as reflected from my research so I felt it was really suited to my genre and helped achieve the right balance for a horror/thriller hybrid. 

I edited the central image on Photoshop, merging two images together and reducing the opacity of the model on the left, to make it look as if he was lurking in the dark room the girl sits in, making him appear creepy and showing him in the light of a villian. Nicole on the other hand, is positioned at the front of the frame as it makes her look more vulnerable and helpless were as Adam is placed to the back to make him look more in power. Adam stares at Nicole which we can clearly see however Nicole is using a non-direct gaze and staring at something off the poster; this creates enigma as her facial expressions reflects fear and vulnerability, she looks like she is in an inferior position as her eyes are looking upwards to someone bigger than her suggesting whoever it is, they're more dominating and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment