Saturday 2 January 2016

Website Format Research

After deciding to create a website, I decided to do some research to get some inspiration ideas. I looked at a variety of websites before focusing on specifically horror and thriller genre ones. I feel like I now have an understanding of a websites codes and conventions and feel like i'm ready to go ahead and create and design my own one.

Having looked at a range of websites and their content, I have a strong knowledge of common headings, 3 have appeared on almost every website I've looked at and these are:
- Trailer
- Gallery (Photos and Videos)
- Social Networking

These will be the first sections I will look at doing. The trailer is a necessity, it should appear on the home page seeing as its a huge selling point and feature, furthermore it will appeal to a large audience which will result in mass marketing. I have seen on some websites that it starts playing automatically as soon as you visit the page, I will do this with mine too in order to grab the audiences attention and make them watch it.

In a couple of websites, under the gallery > videos section, I have seen outtakes and bloopers video, I really like this idea and think they're effective. It helps the audience feel a more personal relationship as they get to witness the actors in a different, more casual setting. I think this will be unique and help attract people to the website. I also intend to add photos, I have already picked out some successful images I would like to post under this section. I will be editing them to black and white as i feel this will suit the theme of my website.

Social Networking links are also a huge factor, they're a great way to gain publicity and spread news, updates and pictures quickly and to reach a large audience. I have already created a Facebook page and Twitter account for the Playhouse and I will also be creating an instagram for a photo feed (exclusive pictures). 

No comments:

Post a Comment